Important Update: PMP exam is changing in 2016
Advantages of being a PMP
- You have a certificate which is recognized across industries and domains. It provides you credibility.
- You learn the fundamentals of Project Management.
- You learn how to apply the skill of Project Management in the real world.
- You will always get the intangible benefit when compared to a peer who is not PMP.
- You stand out while applying in all those job openings which mention that they prefer PMP certified candidates.
- You learn what is the difference between a Project and an ongoing Operation. It helps you become a better project manager.
- You learn and understand all the project management jargon in the true sense: Risk Management, Scope Management, Schedule Management, Cost Management, Resource Management, Critical Path etc.
- You may also get a better salary and pay hike if you negotiate well.
- You grow as a Project Manager and you understand the difference between "what is the recommended action" in any given situation versus "what you would have done" if you had not gone through the PMP grill.