A lot of people learn a lot of important lessons in their twenties. These lessons are lessons of life. The intent of this article is to share these learnings with the younger generations so that they don't commit the same mistakes and are able to apply corrective and preventive measures at the right time in their twenties.
Ten things You Should Definitely Do Before Turning Thirty
- Get engaged with a sport that you can practice - To keep you fit.
- Learn the life skills - driving a car, swimming, horse riding etc.
- Understand the power of compounding and invest your money.
- Figure out your short term and long term financial goals.
- Get out of the shadows of your parents.
- Travel alone & travel with friends. This will add to your life experience.
- Develop a habit of reading great books.
- Figure out your passion and also figure out what you will NOT do in the next 30 years.
- Get a life partner who will stay with you for rest of your life
- Last but not the least, learn and practice how to keep your feet grounded. No matter what, don't forget from where you started.
If you are a professional, here are some key professional Do's and Don'ts that you should practice by the time you turn thirty...
- Never...Engage in lose talk, gossips, take anyone for granted, panic in critical situations
- Avoid...Writing negative things on e-mail
- Always...Protect your team, lead from the front and share the credit
Hope these tips are helpful. We would appreciate your feedback and look forward for your comments and suggestions to improve our articles and posts on an ongoing basis.
Read Another ArticleHow Much Do Indian Professionals Save In USA?